Friday, December 11, 2009

Don't Forget To Leave Your Green Cars Out Next to the Milk and Cookies This Year Kids

I couldn't agree more with Gershwin. It is outrageous to think that someone has to be a citizen of this country to enjoy the Christmas holiday. They may not be legal citizens of the U.S. but when did they stop being human beings? The "Don't Got a Green Card? Don't Get a Toy" blog really spoke to me and says everything I truly believe. I couldn't have written it better myself. Children are the foundation of our society and for organizations to deny Christmas to anyone based on their legal status is a crime to humanity. It pains me to see how our country has turned its back on those that helped build it. In addition, the same fringe of the right wing that are pushing policies such as this, are the same "holier than thou" Christian conservatives. There is nothing less Christian than caring for the needy, especially children. Who are we to pick and choose who Santa delivers to and who he doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment